Tuesday, January 4, 2011

New Schedule + 2nd Workout

The New Schedule for my week will be:

Monday - Aerobic (Cardio)
Tues - Anaerobic (Sprints)
Wed - Test Piece (As many strokes as I can do at 1:28 split) + Free Weights Upper Body
Thurs - Cross Training Cardio (Running, Biking or Swimming)
Fri - Anaerobic and Weights (Legs)
Sat - Aerobic Threshold and Weights Upper Body
Sunday - Rest

At the beginning of every month I will do a 2k test piece and compare my time with the results from the 2010 CRASH B Tournament, and I will show what place I would have achieved.

Todays workout was 8 by 500 meter pieces with 2 minutes rest in between. My goal was 1:52 for each.
1: 1:51.7 split  2. 1:51.3 split  3. 1:49.4 split  4. 1:48.3 split
5: 1:45.6 split  6.  1:47 split  7. 1:44.2 split  8: 1:43.6 split

Some Tips:
1. Starting off with a light goal made it easy to improve. Once my body improved on the second piece it didn't want to stop and each subsequent piece was much faster.

2. When out of shape this workout becomes really difficult around the 6th piece. The goal is to take it 10 strokes at a time. I asked my body for 10 hard strokes at the beginning of the piece. It held it there and then at around 200 meters to go I only asked myself for 5 strokes at a time. Focusing on little goals helps to attain the big one.

No comments:

Post a Comment